Sunday, September 28, 2003

Friends Out There

Somewhere b e t w e e n the procrastination.... and the homework..... and the incessant forwards..... and the friendships..... and the calls to each other complaining about crushes!!...... Somewhere b e t w e e n the phone calls to old friends..... And the "I miss you's" & the "I love you's"....... And the "What are we doing today?"..... And somewhere b e t w e e n all of the changing, growing... Somewhere b e t w e e n the classes........ And the skipping classes...... And the studying for tests....... And the pretending to study for tests....... And the downright NOT studying for tests... I forgot.......... I forgot what growing up is all about. I forgot what it meant to cry....... I forgot that pretending to be happy doesn't make you happy........... And that pretending to be smart doesn't make you smart............ I forgot that you can't just forget the past in fear of the future.......... I forgot that you can't control falling in love........... And that you can't make yourself fall in love........... I learned that I can love......... I learned that it's okay to mess up......... And it's okay to ask for help......... And it's okay to feel like crud.......... I learned it's okay to complain and whine to all your friends for a whole day........ I learned that sometimes the things you want most you just can't have. I learned that the greatest thing about school isn't the Dances or the DRiNKiNG or the hook-ups... It's the friendships, which means taking chances........ I learned that sometimes the things we want to forget are the things which we most need to talk about.......... I learned that letters from friends are the most important thing. And that sending cards to your friends makes you feel better. But, basically, I just learned that my friends........ Both o l d and new......... Are the most important people to me in the world. And without them, I wouldn't be who I am today..... So this is a thank you to all of my friends. . For always being there and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment